Trade In Promotion
Fugazi

On the current promotion I can trade my iPhone 6 Plus for $650 which is applied over a 24 month period on my bill. What I want to know will I still be eligible to upgrade my phone next year without penalty? I know I would lose the trade in credit which if fine, but I don't want to be locked in for 2 years just because I traded my phone during the promotion. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade In Promotion
Weth
Legend

Yes, you would just pay off remaining balance prior to the next phones release, give up the remaining credits from your trade, and you can then start a new payment plan. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, you would just pay off remaining balance prior to the next phones release, give up the remaining credits from your trade, and you can then start a new payment plan. 

0 Likes
Fugazi

How about when you sign up for the Verizon Edge plan? Do I still have to pay off the full balance or just the 50% of the phone to upgrade next year?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Only if you have a phone that was specifically stated to be a 1 year upgrade eligible phone, otherwise you must pay off the phone balance. IF you do have a phone that was bought with 1 year upgrade eligible, then you would hand the phone back to Verizon to start a new 24 month payment plan on the next phone.

0 Likes
ShawnMo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar problem.  I ordered my new phone because I had a trade in that confirmed as $800 so we ordered the new phone on 6/23 we received the new phone around 8/7 that was scheduled to arrive on 7/6 and now I am being told my trade-in value dropped from $800 to $32 because I WAS LATE???  How do I contact the right person to fix this poor customer service?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, ShawnMo. We know how important it is for you to get your Trade In promotion. To better assist you with this issue, we are sending you a Private Note.  *Cassie

0 Likes