Trade-In: IMEI shows wrong color
jevandalen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am using the Verizon online tool to process a phone trade in of my iphone 6. When I enter the IMEI number it indicates that the phone is "space gray," but the phone is actually "gold." I am the original owner, and this phone has never been serviced.

Should I continue processing the trade in even though the color comes up wrong?

Thank you,

John

Re: Trade-In: IMEI shows wrong color
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, jevandale! We know it is imperative to verify the details of the Trade-In program, this way you can take advantage of getting paid for your device, and we would be more than happy to help you today. You have a great question, regarding your iPhone 6, and the color will not impact the value of the device. You can rest assured it the requirements are met, you will receive the same value. Please let us know if you have any other concern we can help you with. 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
legs09

I have the same issue and I sent my rose gold phone in and it was listed as space grey yet I was denied the promotion even though the IMEI numbers matched.  $14.00 value when it should be $400!  Perfect condition phone too.  See below!  Will be contacting Verizon and will definitely pull service if not Corrected!

Estimatedtrade-in value:400.00

Final trade-in value:14.00

Adjustment reasons:We have received a different device than expected, Better qualifying promotion found

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

legs09, We want to ensure you obtain your full trade-in value as anticipated. We can definitely assist you here with your inquiry. Yours is actually an easy one to rectify since the device you turned in is has the same IMEI as the one you were using previously. While our warehouse simply checks in a device and makes sure it's not damaged and has no activation lock, they simply report what they see IMEI, color, size, etc. If something doesn't match from the submission, the system makes an adjustment. We have a Trade-in team however that can correct the values if the system provides the wrong amount because one of the details didn't match. Accordingly, you can reach out to our Trade-In team at 800-416-8894 and they can make sure the correct promotional value is applied towards your equipment.

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Abelgen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using Verizon Trade in tool as well because I just transferred 4 lines from T-mobile. I have a purple Iphone 11 128gb. When I enter the IMEI # it shows Iphone 11 black 64 gb. I verified # I called previous carrier tmobile. Its correct. I have called & messaged with Verizon chat team many times and no help! 

0 Likes