Text messages won't send/receive to one specific contact
katemitiger

I have an iPhone 5C on Verizon's network. My boyfriend has a Samsung Galaxy S3 and he is currently on MetroPCS. We've had this issue before with his old phone, now it's happening again. Texts were working completely fine for the past few months, now as of yesterday, we can't communicate through text at all. He can send and receive texts to all of his other contacts properly, as can I. The issue is literally between the two of us. It's extremely frustrating not being able to contact the only person I text continuously, and we can't think of any solutions. Please, some assistance is needed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages won't send/receive to one specific contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We definitely want you to be able to text everyone including your boyfriend, Kate! Have you tried deleting him as a contact and re adding him? Has your boyfriend tried to delete you as a contact and re adding you? Please try these steps and let us know if this works for you.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
katemitiger

Okay, we tried this, still having issues. Some our each others' texts will go through several hours later

0 Likes
Meee7779

Oh gosh my son and his wife both have I phone I just bought the I phone 6 and sometimes between us when we text each other we sometimes get a failed delivery . What gives its very frustrating .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate you trying those steps, katemitiger. What iOS are you on? Settings>General>About>Version. Have you deleted the entire message thread between you and your boyfriend? Please also make sure you delete any group texts that his number may be a part of. Since updating your boyfriend's contact information, have you completed a backup with iTunes or iCloud?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get your messages working more consistently, Meee7779! What happens when you attempt to send a text message? Does this happen only when you send a message to your wife or son? Please provide some additional details, and I'd be happy to assist further.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes