Text Message Fail to Send
Nser12

I had an iPhone 6 Plus that was purchased directly from the Apple Store.  All was working great.  I dropped it and had to purchase a spare one.  This one was purchased from Verizon.  Several contacts that I used to communicate via text no longer go through on the Verizon purchased phone.  Why is this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Message Fail to Send
Snn5
Legend

Re: Not recieving texts from Iphone users

This has a few good ideas.

0 Likes
Nser12

This sounds great but here's the issue:  it worked just fine while I had all my other iPhones as well as my first iPhone 6.  The issue started with the Verizon purchased phone...

Sent from my iPhone with kindness,

Nadine

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure your messages are sending successfully, Nser12. Was the second phone that you purchased from Verizon also an iPhone 6 Plus? Have you checked the settings that Snn5 linked to? Are you able to receive messages from these contacts?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

This is a quirk in the programming for the international version vs the Verizon version.

The assumption is one will be used internationally, with country codes...the exact problem, mystifies me...

More than one way of storing contact information and a couple of noted solutions.

One  is to change how the numbers are formatted in your contact list.

format May vary as such...

1-555-555-5555

1(555)555-5555

(555) 555-5555

555-555-5555

You may notice  the faulty contacts are saved in a different format.  Delete the phone numbers and add back in the same format as other numbers.

Second solution involves if the contact has an iPhone or not.  The iphone stores contact information either as Mobile number or iphone.  Again, don't know why it matters, but changing info to Mobile, rather than iphone has fixed the problem for many.

0 Likes