Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,309 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Tempered Glass Protector Replacement - Lifetime Warranty
bkphahn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the lifetime warranty. My tempered glass protector is damaged. The sales person at my local store advised me to go online to file the claim to receive a new protector. Where do I file the claim to do so? I see the portal for the damaged screen but this takes me to replacement of the actual phone screen and not the protector. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Re: Tempered Glass Protector Replacement - Lifetime Warranty
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to take advantage of the warranty on your screen protector, bkphahn. Do you know who the manufacturer of the screen protector is?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
bkphahn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Puregear CF-UF27-7079

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. You will need to reach out to them regarding their warranty. You can start the process online here: www.pure-gear.com/warranty.

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CSAL1
Enthusiast - Level 1

What if you  don't know the manufacturer or model number.  I bought 4 of them from Verizon for 4 different phones, all need to be replaced.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand how vitally important is it to replace your Tempered Glass Protectors as quickly as possible. I noticed your reference to having purchased them from a Verizon store. The good news is that if they were purchased from a Verizon corporate store, you can view the purchase receipt online through your My Verizon access under "My Documents." Please keep in mind that in most cases, there is a one-year manufacturer's warranty when purchasing accessories. It is possible that your purchase receipt may include the name of the protector's manufacturer. You can view additional information about "My Documents & Receipts" by visiting our website at http://spr.ly/6606EvrRe. I hope this information is helpful.

RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
gymmom90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon customer service rep! I went to replace 2 screens on my verizon phones - brought it back to the same store where purchased and they charged me 10$ to replace it (20$). I was told it was a lifetime replacement not a lifetime plus a surcharge of 10$. I know 10$ isnt much to you as a store- however it is to me. I would like my 20$ back for reniging on your promise of a lifetime fix.  Who do I contact for this credit? [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, gymmom90. We understand that the replacement cost can quickly add up, and we do want to let you know that this is the charge for getting a replacement on the screen protector. We apologize if this information was not shared with you. 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
dorarodrigues

I have this same issue and i was told you have to contact the company directly (mine was from invisible shield) to have it replaced for free. You were probably  charged because you went to the verizon store.  

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You need to read these lifetime warranties on screen protectors a little more closely. Yes, most will replace the protector for free, but you will end up paying shipping to get your cracked protector back to the manufacturer and for shipping to get the new protector to you. It ususally ends up costing you AT LEAST as much as just purchasing a new protector.