Suspend Mobile Data?
amygerman
Enthusiast - Level 2

When we reach 90% of our data allowance, is there anyway I can turn off my kid's phones Mobile Data online until the reset?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Suspend Mobile Data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello amygerman! We have the best feature to help manage your kid's data, it's called Family Base. Check out the link here: http://spr.ly/6586BOxkE

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello amygerman! We have the best feature to help manage your kid's data, it's called Family Base. Check out the link here: http://spr.ly/6586BOxkE

KristieQ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also let them know to turn off the cellular data connection when they don't need it or they can expect to pay the overage fees if they cause the data to exceed your allotment.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

amygerman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did try it. Unfortunately it wouldn't work on their iphones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do mean it doesn't work on they iPhones?  You can manually turn off the cellular data connection on an iPhone just as easily as an Android or Windows phone. Whether or not the users actually turn it off fully is their choice. If they go over, make them pay for the overage or you take their phones from them.  It is one way to teach financial responsibility.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nbytim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with an. But there is another way you can do it and prevent them from turning it on... It's more complicated.... But you can go into settings then cellular and scroll down until see a list of applications... Turn each app off ... This will only allow dats usage over wifi ... Then you go to restrictions in settings and general ... Then go down to where it says cellular data use and then select don't allow changes ... This will restrict mobile data use and stop them from turning it on unless they have the restrictions passcode you will set up ... Hope that was helpful

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amygerman, I appreciate you getting back to us and we are not giving up until we get this issue resolved. Let's continue working on this, do you have any Voice Mails saved in your mailbox?

GersonG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
amygerman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not that. The Family Base doesn't work on iphones. It looks like a perfect program but not for IOS.

0 Likes
amygerman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I mean Ann... Ann, the Family Base doesn't work on IOS.

0 Likes
amygerman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Support- I checked. I don't think I have any saved messages. I plan on just going into Verizon store tomorrow and ask them.

0 Likes