Sound is distorted after 12.1 update
floydawg

Ever since updating to ios 12.1 the sound coming out of the speakers of my iphone 8+ has been muffled and distorted. I have tried cleaning the speakers, turning bluetooth on and off, restarting the phone, and even doing a factory reset and still have the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sound is distorted after 12.1 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your phone is having issues with sound after the last update floydawg. We know how frustrating this can be for you when trying to speak to others, listen to music and use other apps with sound. We can help with some steps to get this working for you. Lets start with resetting the network settings. Here is a link with the steps https://vz.to/2dbNca7 . Let me know if this helps with your issue. Is there any physical or water damage to the device? 

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
floydawg

I reset the network settings and am still having the same issue. There has been no water or physical damage to the device.

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We appreciate your efforts floydawg and want to ensure we continue working towards a solution. To be sure we have a complete understanding on the issue, is the muffled sound occurring on phone calls or when using other apps on your device? Do you have a case that covers the speakers on your phone?

0 Likes
floydawg

Happens when I'm using other apps, like listening to music, or the gps. Phone calls work fine (though the sound on speaker phone is also distorted). I haven't changed phone cases since I got the phone and the sound was just fine until ios 12.1. I was hoping the new 12.1.1 would fix it but it didn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Is there any debris in the crevices of your speakers? JasonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
floydawg

Not that I can see.

0 Likes