Simultaneous Voice and Data- IP6
henryt97

Does anyone know if the Verizon version of the IPhone 6 will allow simultaneous Voice and Data ? I suspect the new XLTE netork wil ldo it but what happens on an old LTE  signal ?

thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Simultaneous Voice and Data- IP6
Weth
Legend

I need to correct my post above. Early reports from others who are using VoLTE indicate the news is even better. As long as you have an phone that supports VoLTE for voice and you are on any form of LTE, you will get voice and data at the same time. You will only get high def voice calling another Verizon VoLTE phone, but other calls will be routed with through the new VoLTE so you can talk and surf at the same time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

I believe I read yesterday that it will have that ability voice/data.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It doesn't depend on which LTE band you are on, but whether you call is handled by the new way to transmit voice, VoOLTE. VoLTE was activated today for Verizon. To start, if you are calling another phone that has the new capability, you will have Voice and Data concurrent with the IP6. However, if you must fall back to 3G or you are calling a phone without VoLTE capability it will not be voice and data concurrence, just like now.

The transition is just starting, and when Verizon allows VoLTE calls even to non-VoLTE phones you will have full time voice and data concurrence.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I need to correct my post above. Early reports from others who are using VoLTE indicate the news is even better. As long as you have an phone that supports VoLTE for voice and you are on any form of LTE, you will get voice and data at the same time. You will only get high def voice calling another Verizon VoLTE phone, but other calls will be routed with through the new VoLTE so you can talk and surf at the same time.

0 Likes