Should I return my device?
gmaof41stsmartphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is my first smartphone ever.  It is an Apple iPhone 4.  I bought it with the understanding that I have 90 days to return it.  I have had it about a week now and am barely able to talk to anyone due to failed calls.  One of the reasons I bought it was to upload receipts and receive reimbursement for couponing and such.  I am unable to receive any rebates from Shopmium because my internet connection is so poor.  I am completely smartphone illiterate.  I'm sorry, but I just am.  I need help to get this to work or I'm returning it by Monday.  I have had enough.  Is there anyone out there who can tell me what is going on with this phone?  I do live in a rural country setting, but my old Samsung flip phone worked just fine and it was through Verizon (prepaid).  So I don't understand.  Do different phones ping off of different towers?  Thanks!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: First ever smartphone. Dropped calls, bad internet connection is this a bad phone or?
Not applicable

First off the return policy is a 14 day worry free guarantee where you can return it and just pay a restocking fee of $35

Don't believe the store sales people. If you don't return it within 14 days inclusive of the day of purchase you will owe an early termination fee of $350

Return it now.

Additionally an iPhone 4 is a 3G device and not the faster 4G so that may slow you down.

And yes depending on where you are the speeds and call quality can be worse or better. There are dead spots so you must research where the best reception is located.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Re: First ever smartphone. Dropped calls, bad internet connection is this a bad phone or?
Not applicable

First off the return policy is a 14 day worry free guarantee where you can return it and just pay a restocking fee of $35

Don't believe the store sales people. If you don't return it within 14 days inclusive of the day of purchase you will owe an early termination fee of $350

Return it now.

Additionally an iPhone 4 is a 3G device and not the faster 4G so that may slow you down.

And yes depending on where you are the speeds and call quality can be worse or better. There are dead spots so you must research where the best reception is located.

Good Luck

Re: First ever smartphone.  Dropped calls, bad internet connection is this a bad phone or?
gmaof41stsmartphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  You were 100% correct!  In looking at the paperwork this morning I notice that it does state 14 days and "Daphne" emphatically told me I have 90 days to return it!  Thankfully, I am easily within my 14 days since it shipped exactly one week ago.  I appreciate your reply very much!  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: First ever smartphone.  Dropped calls, bad internet connection is this a bad phone or?
Not applicable

Glad to have helpedSmiley Happy

Don't trust anything they say to make a sale.

Good Luck

0 Likes