Sending/Receiving text/messages/calls between iphones not working
SCOSUR26

I have two contacts on the same Verizon account that I can not directly call or text (my father).  I receive their text and their phone calls go directly to my voice mail. When I try to send a message it looks/sounds like it sends then turns green to say sent as text instead of an imessage.  When I call it goes directly to their voice mail.  I have checked their iphones and I am not blocked on either of them.  We are both Verizon users.  Have you heard of this before.  This has been going on for about 6 months and I cannot find a clear answer to this.  I have tried several steps such as restarting phones, etc., but nothing has worked.  HELP!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sending/Receiving text/messages/calls between iphones not working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would say that they have your number blocked somehow, but it also sounds like you have already gone through most of the troubleshooting steps I would have tried. Are they are the same account as you? I wasn't entirely sure based on your description.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SCORSUR26, I would be just as concerned with my messages and calls being affected in this way, especially between family members. Ann154 asked great clarifying questions regarding this experience. In addition, I recommend checking our Call & Message Blocking services through My Verizon: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/

While the blocks sound like they are based from the phone/Apple ID itself (due to calls going to voicemail/iMessages not sending) it is worth a shot to ensure there isn't a block set up from our end. Our block would stop calls and texts from coming through, but we would not be able to block iMessage.

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
arpanshah1990

I was facing same issue but thanks to my friend who helped me by suggesting few troubleshooting few tips mentioned here https://www.indabaa.com/cant-send-receive-messages-on-iphone/

0 Likes