Selling old iPhone SIM card?
Blo83

Do I remove my SIM card if I'm selling my old iPhone? My new one came with a different one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Selling old iPhone SIM card?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Yes, remove your SIM card before selling. If you have activated the new phone already, skip this bit, but you could have removed the old SIM card and put it in the new phone so long as they were the same size and both 4G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blo93, congratulations on your new phone. As the SIM card itself, does not contain personal information, you do not need to fear leaving the card in the old phone. You will want to be certain that you do a master reset on the old phone to wipe it back to factory settings so that all of your personal information is erased from the phone. You can do this by going to the Settings, General, Reset and selecting the reset all selecting the Reset all Content and Settings.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wait! ! I thought the SIM card held the account information and the SIM card shouldn't be sold with the phone to a third party.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I think it can be sold with the phone simply because they already activated the other phone, thus rendering that SIM card null. I still wouldn't sell a phone with an old SIM card. That to me is up there with selling an old computer with the hard drive.

0 Likes