Safari after the update.
Kbecks87

I always open pages in Safari then leave them up to check them later or monitor them over a few days. I've had pages open for months before.

After the IPhone software update, however, pages will close out for no reason, or when I open Safari the page I left open will now be blank (as if I had just opened a fresh page) or I'll open something else and it will over ride the old page (opening in its place instead of in a new window) but it won't let me go 'back' to the old page.

It does not happen every time, but it does happen pretty frequently since the update.

It's incredibly frustrating.

Is this happening to anyone else? Do anyone know how to make it stop?

Thanks in advance!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Safari after the update.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not happening to me. I too leave pages that I visit often open. Try checking the Apple Support website to see if there is any info on this issue. Also check their support forums to see if anyone has posted about this (or post your own thread to seek help). It's a great supplement to this forum

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kbecks87, that is not what we like to hear. We want you to have a great experience with your device at all times. With getting a software update should always help improve services. Let's try to get things back on track. Please try to clear out these steps: Lauch Settings, Scroll down and tap on Safari, scroll down and Tap on Clear History and Website Data, and tap on Clear History and Data. Once that is completed then please re-test. Keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Had safari problems right after update.  I cleared safari history through settings and it's fine now.

open settings, Safari, clear history and website data.

0 Likes
Kbecks87

This did not fix it...any other suggestions? @KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kbecks87, I appreciate you doing those steps for us. We want to make that all functions are working the correct way. If you're still having the same issue, I would recommend on backing your device up and perform a factory restore through iTunes: http://spr.ly/6582BK0Qu
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes