STOLEN UPON DELIVERY
kassidy_pick

UPS  ( i dont know whom) driver had someone ( i dont know whom) sign for my two packages at the time of delievery and that person stole them. I came home from a business trip and now i have two empty boxes and no phones. What do i do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: STOLEN UPON DELIVERY
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's terrible kassidy_pick.

Were the phones sent to you as upgrades, or replacements? How long ago did this happen? Have you filed police report, or contact UPS? That would be the first thing. Second, you can contact us to make sure phones are placed on lost/stolen list so nobody can activate them. Please let us know if you still need them to be added to this list.

In most cases, homeowners/ renters insurance will cover the phones. Otherwise, did the phones have insurance through VZW? When were packages delivered before you returned home?

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

File a complaint with the police and UPS?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's terrible kassidy_pick.

Were the phones sent to you as upgrades, or replacements? How long ago did this happen? Have you filed police report, or contact UPS? That would be the first thing. Second, you can contact us to make sure phones are placed on lost/stolen list so nobody can activate them. Please let us know if you still need them to be added to this list.

In most cases, homeowners/ renters insurance will cover the phones. Otherwise, did the phones have insurance through VZW? When were packages delivered before you returned home?

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pyotrveliky

I am having a somewhat similar issue and have not been able to resolve this. I ordered a Samsung S6 as part of signing up for the Edge program in the store and had it delivered to my apartment. The store said that it would need to be signed for and did not clarify that apparently anyone in my apartment building could sign for it. I moved into this apartment building 2 weeks prior and do not know anyone there. If the terms of delivery were more clear I would have had it delivered elsewhere. The phone was signed for by a neighbor who left it out near our communal mailboxes. The package was stolen before I got home from work. I attempted to have Verizon file a claim to Fedex several times. They said they had but after not reaching any resolution I called Fedex to file a claim and they said Verizon has never filed anything for me. Verizon Customer Support, is there anything you can do to help a decade-plus loyal customer? My experiences over the phone have seemed pleasant enough but apparently nothing was ever actually done to try and file a claim and it ended with a supervisor telling me to go buy a new $700 phone. Thanks.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Wouldn't the neighbor who signed be legally responsible for accepting the item and being negligent in handling the item?

0 Likes
pyotrveliky

Legally yes. My issue is with Verizon allowing for indirect delivery on a very expensive package without informing me upon ordering the phone. Yes she was foolish to leave it out but she was trying to help.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

No, it's the delivery service's responsibility. 

Your complaint is with Fedex.  Contact them And the police.

0 Likes
pyotrveliky

I have contacted Fedex after attempting several times to have Verizon deal with Fedex as they were the ones who shipped it. Fedex informed me Verizon had never submitted any claims. Pretty awesome customer service right there!

0 Likes
pyotrveliky

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The FedEx guys are wrong. One the package is delivered the shipper nor the business is liable for anything. The person who signed for the package is liable. I learned that the hard way and reasons why I never sign for packages anymore.