Re: ROBO CALLS , how do I stop them?

sajc1

I have found that if you let it go to voicemail they realize it is a good number.  Then they continue to call with different numbers continuously.  If I don't recognize a number I ignore it and don't let it go to voicemail.  You may miss some calls but you don't want to get inundated with phony calls.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

As a consumer my self, I can understand the nuisance of receiving unwanted calls, and even worst leaving a Voice Mail. Verizon Wireless offers you different options to stop these calls and text messages. Please take a moment to review the link below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200867/

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes

Lyons7

National Call Registry only works for a short period of time.  And for most robo-calls, it doesn't work at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Lyons7

Robo-callers use familiar area codes.  So that help is a NOT!

0 Likes

Lyons7

TOTALLY AGREE!  Carreers like Verizon should provide this sercice free of charge - especially from long-time, on-time paying customers.  But, they don't.

0 Likes

Lyons7

DON'T click on the "verison' link in this article.  Just got a notice from my security app - "DANGER....".

0 Likes

Lyons7

To all Verizon customers... I found the 'free' service that Verizon offers:   https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/

0 Likes

Cher1955

Heck.....now they are leaving messages. I am 65 and have never had a student loan in my life, I continue getting these calls among others, I BLOCK them and seems like I get MORE...I have even gone to the extent of staying on the line and talking to a HUMAN, and I ask them to take me off their list, DOESN'T HELP.  If all of us are doing what we can, what in the heck are our carriers do? Maybe we need to charge back for every call we receive!

Cher1955

0 Likes