Re: ROBO CALLS , how do I stop them?
Shadow5828
Enthusiast - Level 1
donschon
Enthusiast - Level 1

cox telephone offers robo call blocking for free. Verizon does not. This awful!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your mention of Cox leads me to believe you’re interested in a blocking feature for your landline. Is that right, donschon? While this is a forum for Verizon Wireless mobile service, I did locate a little information about a landline feature here.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/homephone/calling-features/stop-unwanted-calls

Let us know if this helps.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
jaybey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started to download the Verizon Call Filter.  Right for $2.99 a month.  That is garbage.  If Verizon really cared about it's customers they would provide this service for FREE that is as in $0.00.

jaybey
Enthusiast - Level 2

COX Robo Call blocker works great for FREE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm not a fan of pesky calls, just like you. Robocalls are something that unfortunately is becoming way too common, and I'm right here to help in any way I can. I'm happy to let you know that we have a great new application called Call Filter: http://spr.ly/6600E5VJQ It includes spam block, spam detection, caller details, and more.

With Call Filter, two options are available, one being completely free. The other includes more features, and is $2.99 each month (you get a free 10-day trial period, though). If you have an iPhone, you can download it from the App Store. If you have an Android, it will already be located in your applications. Please click on the link I provided to see all the details, and let us know if you have any additional questions.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
gman711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to stop the same.  The Do Not Call Registry seems useless at this point.  I am registered.  Verizon for home phone is allowing for nomorobo.com to be installed on a landline.  Perhaps Wireless will join the effort.  Right now if you buy, it is a monthly cost of $1.99 or annual cost of $19.99.  It has been 75% effective on my landline.  Today I have received about 10 robo calls pitching everything from health insurance to new electricity provider.  I individually block each of those numbers, but the scammers just use another number -- probably a spoof number.

gman711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to stop the same.  The Do Not Call Registry seems useless at this point.  I am registered.  Verizon for home phone is allowing for nomorobo.com to be installed on a landline.  Perhaps Wireless will join the effort.  Right now if you buy, it is a monthly cost of $1.99 or annual cost of $19.99.  It has been 75% effective on my landline.  Today I have received about 10 robo calls pitching everything from health insurance to new electricity provider.  I individually block each of those numbers, but the scammers just use another number -- probably a spoof number.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Lorna78

The problem with the filter is you still have to look at it.  Being a mobile phone I can be anywhere, the most dangerous place is in my car, when I get these calls and there are so many of them now.  We need a way to totally block robo calls from recorded messages.

0 Likes
thomasjh

I have been on the do not call registry for years and have to continue to report unwanted calls.  I receive 15 to 20 calls a day which I have to report to the registry.  While one set of calls may stop after a couple of days, the same people start with a different set of numbers.  I have reported over 40 numbers for this week alone.  Frustrating!

0 Likes