ROBO CALLS , how do I stop them?
Hatch1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's seems to me that Verizon dosn't care about Robo calls . Any suggestions ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ROBO CALLS , how do I stop them?
btcompute
Contributor - Level 2
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Carriers really have no control over robocalls - your best defense is to not answer numbers you don't recognize (most smartphones have an ignore button or feature to silence the phone by flipping it over, sending the caller to voicemail.  A legitimate caller will leave a voicemail.

I run a small business, so not all incoming calls are from familiar numbers, but in most cases I can recognize if it is from a familiar area code...if the caller leaves a voicemail I can check it right away and call back if necessary.

btcompute
Contributor - Level 2
sickofrobocalls
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon DEFINITELY cares about Robo-calls! That's why they developed an APP that you can PAY FOR every month. Verizon LOVES Robo-calls and they have now proven this with this conflict-of-interest / make-money-off-of-it-themselves APP-scam. So the more Robo-calls YOU get, the more likely you are to buy their APP!!!

So customer annoyance is a Money-Maker. So yes, they care...

deloused
Master - Level 3
sdbressler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon does't care about robo calls they care about the "app that you can pay for every month" . There words quoted.

It should be free like your competitors.... hmmm

s

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdbressler,

I'm saddened that you feel this way about us. We value you as our customer & we want your experience to be the best with our service. I'm not a fan of these pesky robocalls either. I'm sorry that you're receiving them. The good news is that we have the Call Filter app up & running for many devices. Please check out the details https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/ Please note that there are features that are free. Does this information help?

AliciaD_VZW

bearone21
Legend

i was just informed by tech support that here are known issues, my note5  shows call filter as unavailable in the playstore.

0 Likes
TeeJo
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Hatch1 wrote:

It's seems to me that Verizon dosn't care about Robo calls . Any suggestions ?

My wife got 18 in one day.  I answered one on her phone yesterday and told the person I wasn't interested in what they were selling, then asked them if they knew Jesus who died for them.  They said, "thanks for your time, goodbye.".  She hasn't had any robo calls today.      Matt. 11:6