Problems Group Texting when Android Phone is in Group
jswanton

I have a friend with a Verizon iphone 7. When she sends a group text with iphone users and 1 android person. The message never goes. Text works if sent only to the android person. Tried enabling/disabling the imessage features and still have problems.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems Group Texting when Android Phone is in Group
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Everyone in the group should use GroupMe. It is a free app designed specifically for group messaging.

0 Likes
davidr86

I have the same problem & question. I have a feeling after some research that some of the verizon plans (pay-as-you-go?) may not support this data messaging situation. I'm hoping someone can help expand on this. The site says it is supposed to charge $.50/recipient for mms w/ pay as you go, but i can't even get it to go thru and get charged.

I have an iPhone 8 w/ "$50 Smartphone Plan UNL Talk, TXT & 7GB of Data"

If I upgrade to the pre-paid Unlimited plan would that solve this issue? Or do i need to get a contract plan?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jswanton, 

I'm so sorry to hear that your friend is having difficulty with group texting to an Android phone. We're here to help. What zip code is this person in? Is this happening with one specific Android phone, or when any Android is involved? When did they begin having trouble? This information should help us begin to uncover the cause of this issue, so we can get group texting working once again. 

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

davidr86 wrote:

I have the same problem & question. I have a feeling after some research that some of the verizon plans (pay-as-you-go?) may not support this data messaging situation. I'm hoping someone can help expand on this. The site says it is supposed to charge $.50/recipient for mms w/ pay as you go, but i can't even get it to go thru and get charged.

I have an iPhone 8 w/ "$50 Smartphone Plan UNL Talk, TXT & 7GB of Data"

If I upgrade to the pre-paid Unlimited plan would that solve this issue? Or do i need to get a contract plan?

GroupMe is a GREAT solution to this issue. It is specifically designed for group messages and is NOT carrier specific. It works over WiFi as well as mobile data and has TONS of features.

0 Likes