Personal Hotspot very slow from iPhone to Mac
m3ist3r0
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm currently on the "Play More Unlimited" plan with an iPhone XS and trying to use personal hotspot to get online on my Late 2013 15" Retina MacBook Pro. Getting hotspot speeds no more than 0.7 Mbps on my laptop and i'm well within the first 15GB of Unlimited 4G LTE speeds allowed for hotspot usage on my current plan. Here's are the Speedtest Results.

Re: Personal Hotspot very slow from iPhone to Mac
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the speeds you should be getting from us, m3ist3r0. We have sent you a Private Message, since this is something that cannot be addressed in public. Please respond only to that message going forward. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What speed do you get to just the phone?

how much total data used and hotspot used from my Verizon for this current period?

can you hotspot to another device and speed check?

0 Likes
m3ist3r0
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm working with Verizon Customer Care via DM. The speed on my iPhone is around 9Mbps, have used 2GB data this month, and the hotspot is just as bad when accessed via iPad.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Hope they get it fixed 

speed would indicate Verizon didn't trigger your hotspot correctly and is more like the Go unlimited 600 kbps limitation.  

0 Likes
ReneBernier

What was the fix.  I have the same plan (Play More Unlimited 5G UW) with slow hotspot on the Mac, but the iPad works great.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us t o hear you are having issues with your hotspot speeds. No need to fear, help is here! Have you tried to restart your device to see if the issue continues? When was the last time that you updated the software in your Mac? ~David

0 Likes