Personal Hotspot question
Vondergraf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 4; just signed up for the Large (6GB) Plan, which includes a Personal Hotspot.

I have wifi in my house.

If I buy an iPad Mini (wifi only), and am in an area with no wifi, can I tether my iPhone to the iPad Mini?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Personal Hotspot question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The mobile hotspot is a great feature to have with your phone Vondergraf. It really comes in handy when there is no wifi available. You are will definitely be able to use the phone hotspot to get internet on your tablet when you are on the go. You will just turn the hotspot on with the phone. Then turn on the wifi with the tablet, find the iPhone network in the list of networks, click on it and connect. The data usage with the hotspot will deduct out of your 6GB data plan.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The mobile hotspot is a great feature to have with your phone Vondergraf. It really comes in handy when there is no wifi available. You are will definitely be able to use the phone hotspot to get internet on your tablet when you are on the go. You will just turn the hotspot on with the phone. Then turn on the wifi with the tablet, find the iPhone network in the list of networks, click on it and connect. The data usage with the hotspot will deduct out of your 6GB data plan.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Vondergraf
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's great, thanks!

When I purchase the iPad Mini (wifi only), does it have to be added to my plan?

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

No your iPad doesn't have to be added to your account. It is wifi only so it's not something Verizon can charge you for.

0 Likes
Vondergraf
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iPhone 4 is 16GB; since I'll be syncing photos, contacts, etc, is it necessary to get an iPad with more than 16GB?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Honestly I would go with at least a size bigger. Especially if you think you may out movies or tv shows on it (or videos you record). I personally have the 64 GB iPad mini but could have used the 128 GB. I learned early on how great it is to have a lot of content on it when traveling just to help pass the time. It really depends on your intended uses but I definitely would recommend something bigger than the 16 GB

Weth
Legend

kaebfly wrote:

Honestly I would go with at least a size bigger. Especially if you think you may out movies or tv shows on it (or videos you record). I personally have the 64 GB iPad mini but could have used the 128 GB. I learned early on how great it is to have a lot of content on it when traveling just to help pass the time. It really depends on your intended uses but I definitely would recommend something bigger than the 16 GB

Agree 100%

Vondergraf
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I are on the same Verizon account.  In his settings, there is no Personal Hotspot listed.  Am I the only one with the Hotspot? 

If need be, how would he use his iPhone to connect to my Hotspot?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your concerns! You may need to head into Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot on your husbands device to enable.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!