Old iPhone trade in for iPhone 6?
Sam_Sam
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I go about the free iPhone 6 with old iPhone trade in? Do I do this in stores? Do I trade in my old one before I preorder? Do I wait until they are available in stores? Can anyone explain this whole process to me?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Old iPhone trade in for iPhone 6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for asking! We knew this would be a hot topic. Don't trade in your phone before you get a new phone. We don't want you to be phoneless.
You can accomplish with with pre-orders as well as upgrading in the stores.

Beginning on 9/12, for a limited time, customers can trade-in an iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c, and 5s from any carrier with the purchase of a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and receive a $200 gift card (iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c) or $300 (iPhone 5s).

This can be done at the store or you can submit for the device trade in online at http://vz.to/17tYyaN.

It is imperative that you disable Find My iPhone http://vz.to/1wwKZbR prior to trading the phone in to us to ensure that you get the proper trade in amount.

The trade-in Apple iPhone must be in good working condition based on Verizon Device Recycling Program requirements:
  • Phone can turn on and off.
  • LCD screen is free of cracks and functioning correctly.
  • Phone and connecting ports are free of visible corrosion and water damage.
  • Battery is present.
  • Phone and charging port are free of cracks and dents, and are not missing any pieces or chunks (not including cords or accessories).
  • For iPhones running iOS 7 or higher, the Find My iPhone feature must be deactivated (turned off) before iPhone is traded in. -Tamara

View solution in original post

Spiral
Master - Level 1

My guess is that you buy your new iPhone 6 (paying the discounted price), then you would send your trade-in phone to Verizon after activating your new phone.  You will then receive your $200 gift card the website says about 2 weeks later.

Good luck

Sam_Sam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you have the link to that info?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Since he stated it was a "guess" I would "guess" not.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

I had seen it in a Verizon web page yesterday but that page appears to have been removed (or changed).  If I find it I will post.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for asking! We knew this would be a hot topic. Don't trade in your phone before you get a new phone. We don't want you to be phoneless.
You can accomplish with with pre-orders as well as upgrading in the stores.

Beginning on 9/12, for a limited time, customers can trade-in an iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c, and 5s from any carrier with the purchase of a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and receive a $200 gift card (iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c) or $300 (iPhone 5s).

This can be done at the store or you can submit for the device trade in online at http://vz.to/17tYyaN.

It is imperative that you disable Find My iPhone http://vz.to/1wwKZbR prior to trading the phone in to us to ensure that you get the proper trade in amount.

The trade-in Apple iPhone must be in good working condition based on Verizon Device Recycling Program requirements:
  • Phone can turn on and off.
  • LCD screen is free of cracks and functioning correctly.
  • Phone and connecting ports are free of visible corrosion and water damage.
  • Battery is present.
  • Phone and charging port are free of cracks and dents, and are not missing any pieces or chunks (not including cords or accessories).
  • For iPhones running iOS 7 or higher, the Find My iPhone feature must be deactivated (turned off) before iPhone is traded in. -Tamara

Deltaxi1867
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is the trade in program only for new customers/customers with an upgrade currently avalaible?

MrSteveJobs

Should I not set up the trade in online until the pre orders are open? And can I still trade my old iPhone in even if its not active on the account? And this is not just for new customers, correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the question, Deltaxi1867! The trade in program for the iPhone 6 is eligible for:

• New customers
  • Existing customers
  • Port-in
  • Upgrade
  • Add-a-line

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

It says this on channel 7 news article

Free iPhone 6 from Verizon...what's the catch?

The iPhone 6 won't go on sale until Friday morning, Sept. 19.

But already, the nation's second largest carrier for iPhones, Verizon, is offering it to customers free.

If you qualify, you won't have to pay the standard $199 with a 2-year contract.

What's the Catch?

To get a new 4.7" iPhone 6 free, Verizon says you need to trade in a working iPhone 4 or 5 model (4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C), and sign a new 2-year contract with Verizon.

If you do that, Verizon will give you a $200 gift card, which makes the new phone free. (It also makes the even bigger iPhone 6 Plus just $99).

Can anyone tell me what this means and how it works?

0 Likes