Offered different deals in verizon stores and different deals with on-call representatives...
PANTRA8

Has this happened to anybody else? The verizon representative (after i waited 55 minutes to talk to...) gave a $0 down for an Iphone 7 over the phone deal and when i went to the store they told me I had to pay $135 plus trade in for an Iphone 7...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Offered different deals in verizon stores and different deals with on-call representatives...
Weth
Legend

It is not unusual that a company has many different offers. Without the breakdown, it is hard to understand how different they are. For example, both may be zero dollars down, but the store was including the required taxes and upgrade fees in the cost, whereas online they were not telling you them, but you would have had them on your first bill. All phones bought with DPP (device payment plan) are "$0 down" which does not include upgrade fee and taxes, plus any other fees. A trade in will lower your total cost, but only do this if you are getting a good deal on the trade in. It is usually best to understand the whole package, and price it out over 24 months to see what is a better deal.

0 Likes
Re: Offered different deals in verizon stores and different deals with on-call representatives...
PANTRA8

I understand your thoughts, but by having 3 lines on my account the phone representative, trying to beat Best Buy's deal offered that. I told him i would think about it and call back. He told me I had until Monday. I posted on here to see if others experienced the same. i have no idea if their representatives work on commission...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to have the best experience when it comes to upgrading your phone, PANTRA8. Let’s ensure we find a solution. It sounds like you were attempting to get the iPhone 7 for free, is this correct? What model iPhone 7 were you attempting to purchase? What make/model phone would you be trading in? Please share details.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PANTRA8

After the verizon representative broke it down for me at best buy he said he would give me the iphone 7 32GB  with $0 down and would lower my monthly bill by around $30 plus $250 gift card. The representative directly from verizon, on the phone (his name was Desmond) told me the same but in order to make the deal i would trade in my Samsung S5, $0 down and lower my bill y $28 a month. The $250 would come out of the total price of the phone. Being employed by verizon you should be able to access the records. Thank you for trying to help.

0 Likes
PANTRA8

Either you needed 6+ hours to respond or you just completely ignored me. Great customer services ethics.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I am not with Verizon, but a customer just like you. Keep in mind, Best Buy has its own offers that are different than through Verizon corporate. They are not interchangeable. For example, Best Buy still does a lot of 2 year contract offers, whereas Verizon corporate does device payments with trade ins. Offers from one are not interchangeable. What is available in store can differ than what is available on line in both Best Buy and Verizon's cases. Also this time of year with Black Friday and Cyber Monday, deals are often only good for a day.

Ending today at Verizon corporate, they have get an iPhone 7 for free with trade in of an iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, Samsung GS6, GS6 Edge, GS7, GS7 Edge, Note 5, LG G5, Moto Droid Turbo 2.

Ending today, Best Buy has get iPhone 7 for $1 on 2 year contract. Keep in mind this will cause your access fee to increase to $40 for the 2 years essentially adding $500 to the $1 price.

Good luck.

0 Likes