Oct-Nov 2018 Military Phone Rebate
triathlonj

Wanted to see if anyone else is having issues receiving their $200 rebate from the Oct-Nov 2018 Military phone rebate program.

*I purchased a new line i-phone for my daughter on 11/25/2018. Program ended 11/26/2018.

*I submitted for my rebate online and received a response a few weeks later saying there was a problem processing that rebate.

*Contacting the rebate center, they told me I didn't purchase within the program's time frame. I gave them my order info and they escalated it to their management team, saying it would take 2 weeks for review.

*Called them back today and now instead of a "date of purchase ineligibility," they say I'm not eligible because I purchased the phone outright instead of setting it up on a payment plan.

*During my 15 minute chat with the verizon.com representative when purchasing the phone, we discussed program eligibility at length, he did not mention once the need to purchase it through a payment plan.

*My guess is that no matter what, Verizon is determined to find an excuse not to honor their rebate program by fabricating unwritten rules, terms and conditions after the fact. I called and tried to reason with the reps on the phone to no avail. Apparently 12 years with Verizon doesn't mean anything to their management when they see a chance to make a rebate un-attainable.

Any other vets getting the run-around on their rebate?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes