Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,351 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Never get LTE cell coverage on iphone 6
GILHOUSE

A few months ago, my phone stopped connecting to cellular.  I often have no cellular connection, or it says "Verizon 1x" or "VZW" in the upper left corner - hardly ever LTE like the good old days a few months back.  I've talked with Verizon technical support for hours, finally thought it was fixed, but no - it started right back up again with the spotty to non-existent cellular coverage.

See pic of my phone screen:

verizon sucks.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Never get LTE cell coverage on iphone 6
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You look like you are connected to wifi calling in your image.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GILHOUSE

Yes Ann, because it’s the only way I can make and receive calls.  I’m spending $180 (for two lines), and my cell is less reliable than my flip phone from 13 years ago.  My wife’s iPhone 7 works just fine.  I don’t get it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can’t have you missing out on the service, especially when you’re away from home. There are certainly some helpful tips to get the service working again. For instance, here’s a great link Apple has provided https://apple.co/2HkfGbg . We’d also like to ask a few extra questions to get a better understanding of the issue. Is this happening everywhere you go or in certain areas? Is it intermittent or consistent?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GILHOUSE

Hi,

it's pretty much everywhere, or random and difficult to see a pattern to

it. Spots near my workplace that used to have great coverage (8111 S.W.

West Slope Drive, Portland Oregon 97225) now have none.

About 10% of the time I get LTE, but mostly it either says "no service" or

"Verizon 1X" or "VZW."

Thanks

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 8:04 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we do everything possible for your device to be working properly. Let's proceed with troubleshooting your device. We do not see any known issues in your area. Are there any other Verizon Wireless customers who are having the same issue? Is your device up to date with the latest iOS? Is there any physcial or water damage to your device?

0 Likes