My text messages are sent as/go thru as email messages. How can this be corrected?
Dabrown696

It seems since I got my new Iphone5, my text messages are going thru as email messages.  My daughter showed me on her iPhone 6. How do I correct this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My text messages are  sent as/go thru as email messages. How can this be corrected?
Not applicable

Additionally make sure under

settings-Messages-imessage (should be green not grey) and send as MMS (should be green and not grey)

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My text messages are  sent as/go thru as email messages. How can this be corrected?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dabrown696,

Let's get to the bottom of this Messaging concern. To clarify, are you stating when sending text messages it is showing up as your email address when others receive your message? Does this happen on all text or just those with iPhones when the message is being sent as an iMessage?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Make sure you use only the 10 digit cell number.

Go into contacts that this happens with and under the Text portion remove any Texts that have @what ever isp   off the end.

Then send it again. Good Idea to turn the device on and off first.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Additionally make sure under

settings-Messages-imessage (should be green not grey) and send as MMS (should be green and not grey)

Good Luck

0 Likes