My phone is frozen and I can't turn off or do anything to it. What can I do?
Willycat

My iphone 6 Is frozen and I can't turn it off.  I have tried many times. What else can I do?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone is frozen and I can't turn off or do anything to it. What can I do?
Weth
Legend

Press and hold sleep/power button on top and home button.  

View solution in original post

Re: My phone is frozen and I can't turn off or do anything to it. What can I do?
Weth
Legend

Press and hold sleep/power button on top and home button.  

barrykaymatden
Enthusiast - Level 2

throw it away and get an android. im sure so many other people will agree with me. apples are junk and way over priced.

jhulgan
Enthusiast - Level 3

No Barry, we won't agree with you. While iPhones aren't without their issues, their head and shoulders above most android devices with the highest customer satisfaction rates in the industry for a reason. Many of us have owned android devices in the past, myself included, so a lot of us are already familiar with that particular option. But, yeah, thanks for the "suggestion."

jhulgan
Enthusiast - Level 3

-their  +they're^

0 Likes
Dlmerts

MY dtr had this happen once. She found a suggestion to place it in the freezer for a short time. It worked. It shut off. Think it might have gotten cold enough and shut down. Good luck.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Hold power for 30 seconds.

Don't stick it in the freezer. That'll actually cause problems in the long run.

HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

My Android does this occasionally.  I do a "soft reset" by holding the on/off button and volume up button at the same time for at least 30 seconds.  Make sure it's not charging also.  Sometimes I've had to do the reset twice before it will reboot.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Never recommend putting your phone in the freezer. You can cause all kinds of issues later (condensation will occur). Especially if your device is still under warranty.