My new iPhone 6 plus notifications sounds keeps going to silent by itself. It goes on and off thruout the day and I'm missing text messages, etc. I have all the settings set to "on".
Sound

My notification sounds go on and off daily.  Will work one minute and go to silent but vibrate all by itself.  All settings are set to "on".  I'm missing text messages and notifications.  Very frustrating.  $400 brand new phones shouldn't be possessed!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My new iPhone 6 plus notifications sounds keeps going to silent by itself.  It goes on and off thruout the day and I'm missing text messages, etc.  I have all the settings set to "on".
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated Sound. The next step would be a factory reset on the device. As always, we suggest backing up your info before doing so. Once you perform the factory reset, please test the sound notification before restoring your info and apps. This way, we can differentiate the app from the hardware as the issue. Please keep us posted once you have done so.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My new iPhone 6 plus notifications sounds keeps going to silent by itself.  It goes on and off thruout the day and I'm missing text messages, etc.  I have all the settings set to "on".
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sound, I can understand how that can be upsetting. I want to make sure that everything is working the way it should. When you check on the side of the phone is the Ring/Silent switch an orange color when you notice that the device is not getting the alerts? Has this been an on going issue since you got the phone? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Sound

It's in the "on" position.  No, just started about a week or so ago.  I reboot it trying to reset it....works sometimes...sometimes not!  It literally goes back and forth between sounding and silent without me touching it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sound,

Thanks for the info! Does the device have any physical/liquid damage? Did you notice the issue beginning after any recent software updates or app downloads?

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
Sound

No damage whatsoever!  Haven't done an update in several weeks, so not an issue on updates.  I've downloaded a couple of apps, but couldn't pinpoint the exact timing of the app with problem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sound,

Got it. You could uninstall recent apps and install them one at a time to identify if an app is causing the trouble. Have you tried resetting all settings? http://vz.to/1IsPHI1

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sound

Already tried that....still going off / on by itself! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated Sound. The next step would be a factory reset on the device. As always, we suggest backing up your info before doing so. Once you perform the factory reset, please test the sound notification before restoring your info and apps. This way, we can differentiate the app from the hardware as the issue. Please keep us posted once you have done so.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes