Lte issues
SandyTurner

For the last two days I've only been getting 2 bars with LTE but get 5 bars with 3G. Anyone else with similar issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lte issues
Weth
Legend

This is expected and does not mean anything is wrong. It is very common. At my house, I have 5 bars 3G and 1x and 2 bars LTE. The reason is simple, The LTE signal is completely different frequencies and transmitters from the 3G and 1x signals, so you would not expect the same.

Different frequencies have different characteristics in how far they travel and how well they travel through objects, such as walls. The newest LTE frequency from Verizon is the so calls Band 4, which is 1700 MHz/2100 MHz and does not travel as far or as well through walls. However, it is not as crowded as the original LTE frequency of 700 MHz (Band 13) and the newer phones are told to use Band 4 before Band 13 if signal is adequate. Additionally, not every 3G tower may have LTE transmitters on it yet.

Finally, the performance of LTE at lower signal bars is still more than adequate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Lte issues
Weth
Legend

This is expected and does not mean anything is wrong. It is very common. At my house, I have 5 bars 3G and 1x and 2 bars LTE. The reason is simple, The LTE signal is completely different frequencies and transmitters from the 3G and 1x signals, so you would not expect the same.

Different frequencies have different characteristics in how far they travel and how well they travel through objects, such as walls. The newest LTE frequency from Verizon is the so calls Band 4, which is 1700 MHz/2100 MHz and does not travel as far or as well through walls. However, it is not as crowded as the original LTE frequency of 700 MHz (Band 13) and the newer phones are told to use Band 4 before Band 13 if signal is adequate. Additionally, not every 3G tower may have LTE transmitters on it yet.

Finally, the performance of LTE at lower signal bars is still more than adequate.

0 Likes