Highlighted

Long Time Customers do we matter?

WELIKETOBE

I've been a customer of Verizon's since the beginning of cell phones, never have we switched from Verizon however I am frustrated that all iPhone and Smartphone offers are ALWAYS geared towards enticing NEW customers and NO DEALS for LOYAL customers.  How can a long time customer add a line when our entire family already has a line in order to partake in phone deals?  Although I've been loyal to Verizon, I'm feeling like our loyalty doesn't matter one bit since we rarely if ever are offered deals on a new iphone and smartphone upgrades :......(   I am hoping that VERIZON considers incentives to KEEP long time customers in 2019, by offering us at least once a year a sale price on iPhones, it would also be nice if verizon reaches out to US by texting when you have a deal for LOYAL customers so we KNOW we are appreciated.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Long Time Customers do we matter?

Community Manager
Community Manager

WELIKETOBE

This long term relationship is important to us. We hope that you allow us to continue as your wireless provider for many more years. Fact is, w love to see you take advantage of amazing deals on our network. Existing customers like yourself can take advantage of our promotional offers, as well. However, some deals require that you add a new line service. Stay tuned for future deals that may fit your needs here: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/ 

LasinaJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

boringusername

What does LOYAL mean? I'm not sure you understand what it means when you call yourself loyal. Nor do I understand why someone who was actually loyal be rewarded for that. And yes there ARE deals for current customers. if you have better and/or cheaper options why stay?

WELIKETOBE

My intension wasn't to demean Verizon, it is a true frustration of ours and many people we know who have been with Verizon for a long time, I was hoping for some insight regarding the subject of appreciating loyal customers and hearing about possible promotions coming up aimed towards loyal customers. From the comment above regarding "what does loyal mean", I didn't realize I would have to define the meaning of Loyal, that in itself makes me question the value placed on loyal customers.  Here's a definition of a loyal customer:  We've been with Verizon for 19 years this coming March, my entire family has been with verizon the entire time, 5 of us until my  my mother who passed recently so now 4 of us, we have kept our adult children on our account and they pay us their share monthly because we feel it's important to stay on the same network, we pay our bills on time every month for the full 19 years, we recommended Verizon to all of our friends and most joined because of our recommendations and have also been loyal customers for almost 2 decades too.  We are frustrated to see promotions for new phones aimed at new customers or customers who can add a new line and none aimed at loyal customers.  I would think that a rewards program would be beneficial to Verizon for keeping older customers, "At 5 years you get $100 off towards a new phone", at "at 10 years you get $200 off a new phone" etc, this would stop people from changing networks and would actually be inspiring for customers to STAY with Verizon knowing that loyal customers are valued.

JOG0277
Novice

[removed] Your best bet is to ignore his comment and respond to the original question with a sincere and helpful answer...

As for the original comment question; it sure seems as though Verizon has taken it's loyal customers for granted.  The only thing I can suggest loyal customers to do, is download the My Verizon App at either the Google Playstore or The I-Phone App Store.  Once you download This App;  join The "Verizon Up" Rewards Program.....This is probably the closest thing you're gonna get to an actual benefit for being a long time customer.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

JOG0277
Novice

Click on the link below for information on the "Verizon Up" Rewards Program.

VerizonUp | New Rewards Program by Verizon Wireless

WELIKETOBE

Thank you for the link to the rewards program, that was helpful.  Still looking if Verizon has any promotions/discounts for iPhones/smart phones without having to add a line.  Hopefully others will chime in regarding a loyalty program/discounts.

bearone21
Leader

some folks just call a spade a spade & don't sugarcoat the answer.....

some folks can't stand to hear the truth that verizon doesn't really owe longtime customers good deals.

if you or anyone can qualify, you can get the same bogo deals as a 20 year verizon memeber.

Piscestg
Novice

I've been with VZW for 26 years. That's because they have the best service in my area and when we travel. It's not because of pricing as they aren't the lowest price I'm sure. I've bought several iPhones and Android phones direct rather than from Verizon over the last several years. However last August Verizon had an offer for the iPhone X. You could trade an iPhone 6 or 7. They gave me a quote online of $335 for her iPhone 7. I went to the store. The rep wanted me to send it in for credit I said no, I wanted it done there. He gave us $335 immediately for the trade and she got her new X. I just happened on this deal by looking at their website. You need to check. They don't mail these deals out and you often don't see in on TV. And I'm not being ignorant but even after my 26 years I don't think I deserve anything more than a new customer. I'm just saying. Good luck.

JOG0277
Novice

No problem, glad I could help... 

The Verizon Up program is the closest thing you're gonna get to any Loyalty Program from Verizon.  It's actually pretty good, It's free to join plus you get discounts, coupons and free stuff.  I've been a member for a few months and it's not bad...

Piscestg
Novice

Just make sure to read the fine print. When this program came out I checked and as the saying goes, nothing of value is free. You agree that Verizon has access to sell and pass your user data to others. Every time a rep tries to talk me into that I tell them that enough of my data is sold already. Some freebies don't matter to me. That's why I got away from Google/Android.