LTE speeds majorly slowed since switching plans.
KHEIMBR

Zip code 30830. iPhone 6 running iOS 11.4. Recently switched from "Verizon Plan Single Smartphone Unlimited" to "Go Unlimited". Since then, download speeds have been average 0.06 to 0.08 mbps. I don't know what they were before the switch; it was a little slow but I could always load whatever I needed after a few seconds. It takes a while to load anything on 0.06 mbps - basically nonexistent connection.

Is the new plan de-prioritizing my data on a crowded tower? This is where I work; I've been here for 3 years and haven't had any issues until a couple weeks ago when I switched. Is it possible they're just doing work to a tower and it will come back up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE speeds majorly slowed since switching plans.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Kevin! Having a fast connection is very important. This definitely seems to be the issue, as the Go Unlimited plan works different than the other Unlimited plans. With the Go Unlimited, you may experience lower speed at any time if you are connected to a congested tower. If you experience slow data  in certain areas and times, that will be because of the plan. It may be best for you to review our other options. Here is a link with all the unlimited plan that we have to offer:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited/ We hope this answers your question.

Aaron_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
machburger

Is this problem true with the Beyond Unlimited too? You would think this would be sorted out by now but the past couple of weeks have been horrible with the download speeds. In the afternoon I'm seeing .08-.78 Mbps. At about 4:30 am it's up to 5.19-15.8 Mbps. Unacceptable!

0 Likes
machburger

2020-09-04 07_36_19-Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png2020-09-04 07_39_03-Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current.

If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes