Is water damage the end of my iphone?
GarnikfromBoxford

I went in the pool with my iphone in my pocket, is their any chance for it to recover?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is water the end of my iphone?
Loquat
Master - Level 1

You can start by putting it in a zip lock bag with rice to help absorb the moisture.  Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't.  Or you may be able to recover partially...meaning that some core features may not work...such as headphones, sound (incoming/text).  There are just a lot of variables and you won't know the end result until it completely dries.  Best of luck to you...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

You can start by putting it in a zip lock bag with rice to help absorb the moisture.  Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't.  Or you may be able to recover partially...meaning that some core features may not work...such as headphones, sound (incoming/text).  There are just a lot of variables and you won't know the end result until it completely dries.  Best of luck to you...

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Resist the urge, turn it off, keep it off, in the bag of rice for 3 days at least before trying it again.

0 Likes
LongTimeDisappointedC

...put it in INSTANT rice and then follow the rest of the instructions that Weth nicely typed for you. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Did you have any luck?

0 Likes