Iphones experience delay in sending and receiving SMS messages in house
openjar25

There is a delay in apple phones sending and receiving SMS messages in our Verizon Fios home.  there are 2 iPhone 7, an iPhone X and a Galaxy S8.  The Galaxy has no delay sending/receiving texts to any phones outside the house.   iPhones in the house experience a delay in sending and receiving SMS messages while in the house.  Any solutions?  Quite frustrating. THANKS

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphones experience delay in sending and receiving SMS messages in house
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring all your messages go through in a timely fashion is essential, openjar25. Let's take a closer look. What zip code are you in? When did you notice this started? Do iMessages from the iPhones send and receive normally? Are calls and data working normally on all the phones while in the home?NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
openjar25

zip code is 19067.  Id say the problem started a few years ago, it took me that long to realize it was an issue only w the apple phones.  wifi is definitely slower on the apple phones, the extender I bought has not helped that at all.  we have a week VW signal in the house, all mobile calls are tough.  iMessages within the house are slightly delayed, but not in comparison to sms.  Outside the house there are no problems.   please help.  thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To make sure that we are on the same page, is this only happening when your iPhone is connected to WIFI? Have you reached out to our customer service team yet to review your message logs? When you say these messages are slightly delayed, what do you mean by that? Can you give us a time frame?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
openjar25

/yes when iPhones are connected to our wifi sms messages either fail ,take a long time to deliver, or don't deliver until the iPhone leaves the house.  the VW signal is so weak in our house that it delays everyones messages, wifi is better but not good.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the helpful information, openjar25. We appreciate your patience throughout this. I would like to look into this further and get additional information. I have sent you a Private Message so we can continue working on this together. I look forward to hearing from you.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
openjar25

great. but i didn't receive a private message.  where would i find it?  THANKS

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the Verizon Wireless Community forum inbox. When on the community homepage as shown in the image below, click on the Inbox link. 

Screenshot_20180224-164341.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes