Iphone can not make or receive calls in extended network?
JENHAR1

First of all I would like to start by saying I have troubleshooted this problem with Verizon and Apple numerous times. Apple has sent me two different phones and Verizon ended by saying sorry there is nothing more we can do. The only thing you can do is cancel your service. I live outside Verizon service area but in an extended network. Verizon will not help me any further for that reason.

In Verizon service everything works great. However in the extended network I can not make or receive calls.  I can use data, get text messages, and even receive voicemail just fine. I know I am out of Verizon service but I know hundreds of people that live near me with Verizon phones that work just fine. Including my wife. She added me to her plan recently and I can not get my phone to work. Same plan, same phone, same house and hers works great and mine will not call.

As stated above I have reached the end of troubleshooting with Verizon and Apple. Neither has provided a solution and will not help me any more. I am just reaching out here to see if anybody else in rural areas has been in a similar situation and has any advice or things to try. So basically I have two iphones on the same Verizon plan with one that can call and one that can not and nobody can tell me what the difference is.

Please, please, please any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone can not make or receive calls in extended network?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you in an extended network for 1xRTT or LTE or both? Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JENHAR1

I believe it is both. We do get LTE service in certain parts of town. I have an iPhone 6s.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think the iPhone 6s is capable of VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling. Have you tried either of these?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JENHAR1

We have tried the Wi-Fi calling but it is not consistent. It will allow us to for only a few minutes and then will go away. It will usually come back once we restart the phone but again only for a few minutes. I don't believe we have tried VoLTE calling though.

0 Likes
JENHAR1

Actually I do believe we tried VoLTE calling when we were talking to Verizon support but we were unable to get that to work. We did just try WiFi calling at a different location and it works just fine. It might just be issues with our home WiFi. We are trying to find a way to use the phone without being connected to WiFi though.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a landline based Internet service provider, have you considered purchasing a network extender from Verizon Wireless?

0 Likes