Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,235 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Iphone Xs Minimal (cell) signal strength
EDWARD68

I Just purchased an Iphone Xs and i have 1/2 the signal strength as my Iphone 7, Now i can no longer make or receive phone calls in most of my house or my office at work. WHY ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone Xs Minimal (cell) signal strength
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How long have you been having issues with your service? What is the ZIP code where you are having issues? What troubleshooting steps have you tried since you started having issues?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Plindsley, we want to make sure you can use your new device. Does this only happen in this ZIP Code or in multiple areas?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just 12180 but I haven’t traveled anywhere besides Home 12304 and work 12180

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

Plindsley,

Thank you for the information. I see no outages in these areas at this time. Let's dive deeper into this and I'm confident we'll get these service issues resolved. Have you noticed that these signal issues only happen when you're indoors? Does your signal fluctuate like this when you're outdoors? Are any other users having the same issues as you?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

At work indoors I have trouble (12180) with the outside signal strength

very good lately. At Home 12304 signal strength is much much lower vs

other verizon phones.. I've been using wifi calling or borrowing someone

elses iphone to get around poor signal strength.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying this updated information with us, Patrick. We always want to ensure that all of our best and most accurate options are reviewed to get this fixed to the quickest of our ability for you. Let's continue to gather more details in regard to your current situation. To start, how long has this been happening for? Also, to ensure we use your time to the best of our ability, can we have you verify if you've performed any troubleshooiting steps on your device since this has statred to happen? 

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

It started as soon as I purchased the phone. I brought it to the Apple

store and talked to a tier two engineer at Verizon. WiFi calling works

great. Calls on cellular are lower in quality and volume vs older iPhones.

I often need to put people on speaker or Bluetooth to hear them.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:19 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’ve also noticed distorted sound from zip code 12304. Sounds a little

like a fax machine while on call.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:19 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
johntr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Plindsley, thanks for sharing those details. I'm glad you're making use of Wi-Fi Calling. Since there are so many factors that can impact your coverage inside a structure, we cannot guarantee service while you're indoors. Wi-Fi Calling will help with coverage while you're indoors since the Wi-Fi acts almost like an internal cell tower; routing your call to the network.

Now for outside service, that's something we can focus on some more. I checked out the 12304 zip code you shared. I didn't find any reported issues. One thing to check is, are you using the Dual SIM capabilities of the iPhone XS? I'd also like to see what you have enabled for your voice settings.

Using these steps, I'd like you to check to see if you have LTE enabled for Voice and Data: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206984/

Please confirm if you've got the LTE enabled for Voice & Data, thank you.

JohnTr_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes