Iphone 5 fell apart
Lynett

My iPhone 5 fell apart. Can my sim card work in any pre paid phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 fell apart
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lynett

Oh no, I am sorry to hear about your phone. I live on mine, so I understand how important it is to have a working phone. The iPhone 5 uses a nano SIM card. So theoretically it will fit in any phone that uses a nano SIM card. However, the SIM card is what connects the phone to the network, none of your personal information is stored on the SIM. If you were concerned about the SIM card because you need to transfer your data over, the SIM card would not transfer your personal data over. Most phones that need a SIM will come with one, so there is no need to place that old SIM into a new phone. Here is a link that will show some of the prepaid devices we have if you are in need of a replacement, https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/prepaid/.

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 fell apart
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

That's a great answer from customer service but it doesn't address the actual question.

If your account is a prepaid account then, YES, the SIM will work in a prepaid phone. If your account is a post-paid account then your SIM will ONLY work in a prepaid  phone that has previously been activated on a prepaid account for at least 180 days.