Re: International travel with iPhone
Weth
Legend

Local SIM is the way to go and is much cheaper, just be aware you will have a local phone number and not your Verizon number.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kronneberg, that is a long time to wait on hold. We are here to assist you with any questions you might have while traveling outside the country. You can always view all of the wonderful options we have for global travels by following this link: http://spr.ly/6-1824aQ When outside the US, call us at 1-908-559-4899 or click the support tab from the international link provided and get a pdf of toll free numbers you can reach us at from a landline. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach back out to us at any time.   KevinR_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kevinvan

ok great and powerful verizon dude!!  im in istanbul...  phone is getting texts fine and robo calls come through.  i called PRIOR to coming and the verizon dude set me up for a $70 monthly charge giving me something lime 100 minutes and 1 g data(ha -why).  cannot call any number, cannot get to my maps, translate or anything to work.  i did ALL that was told me PRIOR to coming.  [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current.

If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes