International CDMA On or Off in Mexico on iPhone 6?
bollo39

I'm going to be traveling to Mexico in the Tijuana / Ensenada area with my iPhone 6. I purchased a 100 MB international data feature. In the Roaming settings (see screenshot), does anyone know if it is better to keep International CDMA on or off? Thanks

IMG_1117.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International CDMA On or Off in Mexico on iPhone 6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That sounds like an amazing trip! Were you planning to use your phone as a phone? Or simply for data and messaging? It really depends on how you want to use it. While in Mexico they do have CDMA services available in some places. You can leave it off if you prefer, however, if you do have trouble getting calls & texts you can turn it on here. I hope you have an amazing trip! 
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That sounds like an amazing trip! Were you planning to use your phone as a phone? Or simply for data and messaging? It really depends on how you want to use it. While in Mexico they do have CDMA services available in some places. You can leave it off if you prefer, however, if you do have trouble getting calls & texts you can turn it on here. I hope you have an amazing trip! 
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bollo39

Thanks for your response. I only want to use the phone for data in Mexico. I read that Mexico is currently switching from CDMA to GSM and thought maybe someone knew which technology works better right now. I can try both and find out...

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I would say the statement on the phone should read just the opposite:

Turn on International CDMA only if having problem with messages or data. You will get better speeds generally leaving it off and working off the GSM systems in Mexico or Canada.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Gotcha bollo39! We want to make sure we provide you with your global needs. We do have a plan for data only. I have sent you a private message so we can further look into your account.
AmberF_VZW