Re: IPhone XS poor call quality
ryanco_vzw
Verizon Employee

Plindsley,

Having a properly working iPhone XS for your work is essential, and I wouldn't want to see you have to go into a different model device due to this calling concern you are having. It's important to get the value out of the device you originally purchased, so let's turn this around for you as quickly as possible.

I know you mentioned earlier in this conversation that this happens at work, and most recently stated it happens all over Albany. Can you please clarify when, and how often this is happening? Do your calling concerns stay consistent with indoors being the main culprit as you stated before for work? How are your other services working for you (data and texting)?

RyanCo_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

It’s a problem indoors wherever I go. I usually can make calls inside

Target at 12304 with my old phone. With the new phone the calls break up.

Data and text take longer intermittently.

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 9:42 AM ryanco_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
akanem_vzw
Verizon Employee

Plindsley, thanks for the helpful insight. Seeing that all the clues necessary to understand your indoor calling issue and lag in data and texts have been collected and a factory data reset has been done, I would like to get in touch with you to review your replacement options. I have sent a message to your inbox. Please reply to me there.

AkaneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CARBOG79

So does this mean that Verizon knows it is an issue? I have been working with someone to no avail for months. I have tried everything.  Even a new sim card which corrected some issues.  The robotic sound (other people hear it but I do not) and the poor call quality has been an issue from day one.  Why can't you or won't you help me (and others) get this corrected?  Is it the phone? or Verizon? I have heard excuses but nothing has been done. It happens when making wi-fi calls and regular cellular calls.  My service is not great at my house so I use wi-fi. With my old phone (6s) it was fine. It has to be the phone yet I get told it might be my service or the wi-fi connection or whatever. The only thing that changed was the phone.  Hoping someone with Verizon will answer this and really be determined to help. 

0 Likes
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still having the same issues with my phone.  I hit the final straw yesterday,  I was working from home and I couldn't maintain a call without it breaking up.   My fiance was also working from home with her 6S with no trouble.  I need a replacement phone, but don't want this XS anymore.  I wish to downgrade to an other more reliable model such as the 6S.

0 Likes
ConiferLN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm so glad I found this thread, I've had the exact same problem for almost a year!  I'm completely at my wits' end.  For the amount of money we pay for VZW and the iPhone I should be able to at least make phone calls with people being able to hear me.  I use my phone for my own business and my clients are seriously frustrated that they constantly have to tell me I sound like I'm underwater or sounds like a robot and then I have to hang up and call them back.

Eventually apple replaced my XS Max and SIM card with a brand new one last week and I'm still having the same issues.

Verizon keeps sending me solutions that I've already tried.  They even upgraded my ticket to a P1 (priority 1) ticket and the latest "solution" VZW gave me is that I need a network extender.  I've had a network extender for over two years, am properly connected to it (verified by VZW tech support), everyone else's iPhones work perfectly at my house and I've also now even gotten a brand new XS Max and SIM card and am still having the same issues.  One tech support person said that perhaps the network team could increase the signal coming from our network extender to my phone line but instead I got a reply that I should get a network extender.  This whole thing is infurating.  But after reading this thread maybe I need to back to an iPhone 6 or 7 - does anyone know if this same issue is happening with the 8?  Thank you!!!

fastbagger
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my 2nd Xs Max and same issues. Not a Verizon issue as my 8 plus and 3a XL Pixel work perfect. Is a hardware issue as Apple changed the modem from Qualcomm to Intel and there lies the issue. 

AFSSAN49
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue in the house and unable to take any calls essentially people people hear every third word. It's extremely annoying and an inconvenience. Not a service quality I'm paying for. 

There are 4 lines on the account and a separate business phone. The two XS Max phones and X have this issue but the iphone 7 plus and 6s don't on the same account don't. I've called Verizon multiple times. They sent a 4G LTE extender that doesn't seem to do much of anything, moved it all around the house and restarted many times. The Verizon customer service on the phone says they can only provide one extender and it's an issue with our area that they'll send people out to check the area, nothing ever comes of it. Yet I constantly get marketing and people stopping by the house to sell me 5G internet. If there is no signal then 5G buying more internet services is not going to solve anything (which the reps acknowledged). 

This is very disappointing. Can anyone from Verizon provide a solution or should I just get the runaround?  

0 Likes
gballsout

brand spanking new iPhone 12 here and all the same issues: poor quality, dropped calls. iPhone 6s for years with no issues. What is the problem here? 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes