IPhone XS poor call quality
vandaluz03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lately i've been having call quality issues with my new IPhone XS. The caller's voice would sound distorted/robotic. Other times their voice would fade into the background. I've tried every scenerio to possibly fix the problem. From switching 3 phone cases, toggled between having noise cancellation on/off, toggled between having cellular LTE voice & data/data only and reset network settings multiple times. I do have IOS 12.1 already installed and still no luck. Is this a hardware issue? Network issue? Has been very frustation to decipher every phone call conversation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone XS poor call quality
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’m having the same problem at work zip code 12180. I cannot get a clear connection on My new iPhone XS. Callers cannot hear me and I frequently drop to no service or one or two bars. My iPhone 6s Plus has no issue with calls. I use the phone for work and this is a serious problem.

0 Likes
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

vandaluz03,

A new phone needs to have high quality calls you can rely on. We certainly don't want you unable to connect or get a good connection. We're here to help. What is the zip code where you're having this issue? Do others have similar issues in this location? Does this effect all calls or only certain ones?

Plindsley,

Dropping to no service is always an issue. We want to make sure you can stay connected. I checked your area and I mostly show strong service. How often is this happening? Does it only happen indoors or outside as well? How do data and texting work in that location? How does service work in other areas?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Issue is worse indoors. Intermittent static on the line heard from the other caller. They can’t hear me very well at times.   Verizon reset the network.  It helped some but call quality is not as good as a test I ran on a 6s. I put the sim in another phone and also experienced some static.  

0 Likes
JACWHI18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this problem as well. Calls start out crystal clear, then about 7-10 min later, the caller complains that I sound robotic and distorted. On my side, the sound is very broken and robotic. If we hang up and call back, same thing occurs: starts out perfect and then becomes robotic again.

I, too, have tried every scenario: bluetooth off, Apple watch in airplane mode, wifi calling off/on, noise cancellation on/off, reset network settings, did all the updates.

This is not working for me, as I use my phone for business.  My iphone 8 never had these problems.  Zip is 66013.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern to get the best call quality and service, JACWHI18. We want to figure out what is going on. Is this happening at every location? Is there any voice distortion if you record a video, or use a voice recorder? Is this happening to all calls made and received? Are any other Verizon devices in your area having the same issues?

JavierMD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vandaluz03
Enthusiast - Level 1

So after a month now of multiple things that Verizon stated i'd try, still no luck with getting better call quality. What's worse is that FaceTime on the IPhone Xs isn't any better. I figure since i can't properly talk to my gf, i'd try video chat, wrong. Very grainy video and constant "Poor Connection" pop up during chat. At this point i pretty much have given up on figuring if it's hardware issue, Software? Or just network in general. Would have been nice if Verizon sent a replacement to see if it would make a difference. Not going to lie, Verizon has the best coverage by far. But what's good of that coverage if the quality is that of Sprint? Guess i'll be making some decisions during tax season. Good luck on trying to figure yours out bud, hope it works out for you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want all of our customers to experience wonderful service, vandaluz03. We want to help with this. What are the steps that you have tried? What kind of signal do you get when you try to make these calls?

ElizabethC_VZW

0 Likes
vandaluz03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything that was in my original post and then some. You guys even stated that you were sending some tech help around my zip code to "diagnose" the issue and check signal strength. I already went through with this a month ago with multiple of your guys employees and stated would get back to me but never did. Signal? i would have an average of 2-3 bars during my calls. Don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing on Verzion's name. Been with you guys for 4 years and had no issue up until now when i decide to upgrade to the IPhone Xs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vandaluz03, thank you for proving us that insight to the current situation. We can certainly take a closer look into the service within the area to see if there are any active alerts. Can you please provide us your ZIP Code?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes