IOS 9 Unable to Keep Cellular Turned On per Application
xzphen

I have an iPhone 5s and updated it to IOS 9 recently.  I quickly noticed that I was unable to keep my cellular use turned on with the various apps that I have on my phone.  I have tried the fixes I have found on the interwebs but the differences is that I DO have cellular connectivity with most of my apps but I am unable to toggle on and off cellular usage on my phone since updating.  Those apps I have toggled to Off remain off even after toggling it back to On, once I go out of the cellular settings it reverts back to the off position.  Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: IOS 9 Unable to Keep Cellular Turned On per Application
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xzphen,

That definitely sounds like a problem.  Being able to use cellular data on your iPhone is an important feature.  Let's toggle a few settings to get this corrected. Have you applied or set any restrictions on your phone?  Let's check them out.

1) In Settings>Cellular, set everything that you want to have on and off
2) In Settings>General>Restrictions>Cellular Data Use, make sure "Don't Allow Changes" is checked off, then back out that menu
3) Go back to Settings>Cellular, then toggle Cellular Data to OFF, wait a few seconds, then toggle Cellular Data back to ON

This will take away the ability to change the Cellular Data Settings either way, on or off, with "Don't Allow Changes" applied to Cellular Data Use in Restrictions.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
xzphen

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.  Unfortunately this did not work mostly due to the fact once I go out of the cellular setting section the changes I made revert instantly back so by the time I attempt the restrictions it's incorrect or rather status quo.

Example:

I toggle on Strava to work off of Cellular, once I leave the cellular section under settings Strava gets instantly reverted back to the Off position it does not allow or rather provide me the opportunity to follow your instructions.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

I'm having the same issue too

0 Likes
meghanj100

I tried this and i am still having the same problem.

0 Likes
CGWaters
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to Ios 9 cant enable mobile data for application(s)? | Apple Support Communities, this is a problem many other users are experiencing. Presumably, it will be fixed with a forthcoming point release.

0 Likes
oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

Apple did release a 9.0.1 update today but that sure didn't fix the problem at all and the other problem with iOS 9 is with the settings app when you open it you can't see the Airplane Mode with the off/on switch and thats not suppose to be doing that

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did any of you guys try a factory reset without backup? Just make sure you backup prior to save data. If it works then it was either the backup or a setting that was stuck and using backup kept it stuck.

0 Likes
oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

That's not gonna work

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you try?  How do you know it's not going to work if you never tried?