Re: IOS 9 Unable to Keep Cellular Turned On per Application
oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

How do you even do a factory reset without backup

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Think Tidbits meant factory restore...and if so you restore as a new device without using the backup

oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

Well even restoring to a new device will still have iOS 9 on it so that in't gonna fix no issues that iOS 9 is having

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So you didn't do it. Then how do you know it won't work?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You don't know until you try. I have iOS 9 and I don't have the issues you do so clearly iOS 9 doesn't automatically mean the problem will exist. If you're not willing to try the suggestions then it's pointless to ask for any help. You can wait until another update comes along to see if that helps. Otherwise actually try the suggestions before dismissing what will and won't work. You don't know until you try.

0 Likes
xzphen

Thank you all for continuing the flow of my question. I have attempted all known potential fixes to my issue including the above reset to factory settings. This however created more known iOS 9 issues for me and my current issue remains. Posted same question on Apple support to no avail. I am going to walk through afresh again to see if anything positives comes of it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Hope you're able to figure it out. Like I said, I haven't had any of these issues on my iPhone or iPad after updating to iOS 9. Only thing I did was choose to update using iTunes versus OTA (except the iPad. I never have issues doing it OTA on that) and it was seamless. I think someone said a smaller update released today....have you tried that one?

0 Likes
xzphen

There is a new update that should be coming out in the next two weeks to correct this according to Apple. This a widely spread issue with no current correction. Those having this issue will need to wait. Thanks to those in this thread for proving support and advice.

0 Likes
WarriorChief

I am having the same issue. Safari, the App store and every other app minust FB, Messenger, Google Maps and Google Chrome will not stay connected. I switch all of them to green, exit out of the settings tab and then go back in and the tabs are swtiched back off.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

until apple comes out with 9.0.2 you'll have back up to icloud or iTunes then restore as new if you want it to work but you wont have your info on it . once you get the update then restore from backup . this info comes from apple tier 2 tech

0 Likes