Re: IMEI Wrongly reported stolen
Urfavegirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got a refurbished iPhone 8 Plus warranted to me from Verizon in March of 2019. I just payed it of this year of 2020. Upon taking it to a different phone carrier in May of 2020 it was discovered that the refurbished iphone Verizon warranted me was later reported lost or stolen and Verizon is uncooperative in resolving the issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly get that updated for you. You would just need to call 800-922-0204 and request to speak with someone from our tier 2 technical support team.

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
GrayGlory

I have also had this same issue with an iPhone X. Bought it at Best Buy. Have the original receipt. Best Buy even verified the purchase when I went into their store (the same store I bought it from) and said I'd have to call Verizon CS to get it cleared up because they see no reason why it can't be traded in for value. It was a brand new iPhone, not refurbished. Sometimes, you can only trade phone in through Verizon corporate, so I went online to do the trade in (for less money) and eventually got the same result--reported lost or stolen. After 3 calls and nearly 5 hours of waiting, I found out a third party insurance company, Asurion, reported the phone as lost or stolen. Verizon confirmed on their end that the phone was never reported lost or stolen to them, and they were highly confused why Asurion had reported it as so. The Verizon rep helping was kind enough to call them with me on the phone and reported back to me that it had likely been a clerical error of some kind, but that Asurion had rectified it. I was then told to give it 24 hours before it's updated in Verizon's system. Well, it's been 30 hours and I still get the same error message. I'm probably going to call Asurion directly and fight with them, but this little "clerical" error has cost me great aggravation and time out of my busy schedule. I will say this does not appear to be Verizon's fault, and they've been helpful in attempting to resolve it...but it has yet to be resolved.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see this has happened to you, GrayGlory. I know how important it is to have an unlocked device and having this locked and reported as stolen can really be bothersome. Please send us a Private Message for further assistance. 

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes