Re: I switched my android 5
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you have a defective device then contact Apple for support (always they best method during the warranty period). You haven't specified what they defect is.

As far as someone telling you that you couldn't return the device...did you attempt to return in a store? If so that may be why they said no. If you purchased online or over the phone you have to ship it back within the 14 days. A store won't take it. But without knowing the details if you were told no that was incorrect. If you purchased in store and it wasn't a corporate store then that retailer may have different rules. No clue.

As far as you not liking the device...that's something that won't be rectified just because you want them to do it. It goes back to the 14 day thing..at this point (I believe you said you were around the 20'day mark...if I misread I apologize). They won't allow you to switch just because you don't like it. You could sell it and use the money made towards purchasing a phone you do like. Not idea but if it's just an issue of "I don't like it" you have to decide just how much you don't like it and how important is it for you to get out of it. If you don't like it because it's not working correctly...then you need to go through the process of having it taken care of under warranty and actually going through troubleshooting to try and fix what's going on. The issue with what you were told about the return period...if you were given false info and can prove it then by all means...continue to push the issue with Verizon directly. This forum will NOT be able to resolve that for you.

MamaLana
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a late reply but for what it's worth,  you need to escalate misinformation with Verizon.  Not fun, but I've been there, done that. I had to get an attorney involved with my situation and I'm just now switching from Samsung Galaxy S5 to iPhone 6s plus. I LOVED my S5,  but Lollipop update wrecked it within 4 months of buying it, so after MUCH trepidation,  I am making the switch to iPhone...wow.

Anyway,  the reason I'm commenting is to make sure of additional info that you might not have been aware of and could help you, even now. Did you purchase AppleCare?  What I've HEARD and is part of the reason I finally made this HUGE leap is if you have problems with your iPhone, AppleCare allows you to take it directly into Apple store for help. What that means is not having to deal with Verizon's lackluster support  (with all due respect,  of course they have some good reps who will go out of their way to educate you, but it takes a lot of time on phone and there's only a few of them). Apple store reps will do what they can to help you and thn if they can't fix your problem,  they will get you a replacement phone. Here is ALLEGEDLY  (from what I've been told by more than one Verizon rep) where Apple outshines and earns their premium dollar: when they replace your phone it is on the spot with a NEW phone - not with a refurbished phone. In the long run, you also save money on the insurance. I'm hoping you got your problems resolved - I'd appreciate any input from your experience since posting.  I just got my phone delivered while posting this.  🙂 And yes, I'm still nervous about it,  but I think it will be a better experience overall (supreme even, if Apple ever figures out widgets!)

MamaLana
Enthusiast - Level 2

PS: Above comment for you! Also, there's always a 1 year warranty on new devices with either Asurion or AppleCare. 

0 Likes