I need Info please
Bruno5379
Enthusiast - Level 3

My upgrade date was 10/24, and today (9/14) the web site is saying that i am eligible now. Is this normal?

So, me all exited went ahead and started the pre-ordering process, i wanted to go with the single line $60 unlimited voice text and 2gb data, BUT!! i never got asked for this option while pre-ordering. It only shown my current plan (nationwide talk 450) so.. what am i doing wrong? how do i get to choose the $60 plan with my future iphone 6? thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I need Info please
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bruno5379! You are seeing right! That date is now reflecting correct! So you can certainly upgrade. However that plan is not a plan that is available on the website. This would be something that you would need to contact customer service about after you activate your device. It's a promotional plan, which means that it can be discontinued at anytime. I hope that you enjoy your new phone once you receive it!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I need Info please
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bruno5379! You are seeing right! That date is now reflecting correct! So you can certainly upgrade. However that plan is not a plan that is available on the website. This would be something that you would need to contact customer service about after you activate your device. It's a promotional plan, which means that it can be discontinued at anytime. I hope that you enjoy your new phone once you receive it!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes