I can't send or receive texts from iphone 6
KELSPE30

I can't send or receive texts from iphone 6. This started last saturday, after my phone died and restarted. I checked all the usual issues and brought it to verizon store. They told me it was due to latest update and was a software issue, so I need to go to Apple store. Of course it's a week before I can get an appointment there. I did just try to activate my old iphone 4, which hasn't been updated for awhile, and I couldn't send/receive texts from that either. When I go to the text messages I can get a contact in and type a message but when I hit the send icon nothing happens. Also even tho I have imessage turned on my contacts that would normally be in blue text come up in green text.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't send or receive texts from iphone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello KELSPE30,

I use messaging all the time, and would miss out on a lot without it. Let's get this figured out. Are you connected to Wifi when this happens? Have you noticed any issues in sending messages at all? Is this happening if receiving messages from all users, or only some (the ones with iPhones, Androids only, certain number area codes and prefixes, etc.)?

Please share any and all patterns you may notice.

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KELSPE30

I use texts a lot to reach patients so this is really stressful. I can't send or receive texts. If I try to send a text to a contact I can choose contact and type in message but nothing happens when I hit the send icon. Also my imessage contacts all show up in green text, not blue, when I type in their info. I went thru every step in the trouble shooting and still no luck. I don't know how it could be related to updating my phone as I activated an old phone that wasn't updated and still have the same problem.

0 Likes
KELSPE30

Sorry, I am connected to Wi-Fi when this happens. I can see incoming text banners but nothing on the text message place. The guy at the Verizon store noticed that there is a bright white dot that shows up on the page where you type in the contact. It's hard to see as the background of the page is white but it's there, about 2 inches from top of the screen. I unfortunately didn't think to look if it also appeared when I activated my old iphone 4. When I did activate the 4 and tried to send a text I got the red "undeliverable" error message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
KELSPE30, let's get your messages working again. I can understand how frustrating it would be to not be able to reach out to your patients. Are you able to make or receive phone calls? Does this improve when you're not connected to WiFi? Are you able to send and receive texts with your iMessaging off?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KELSPE30

I can make and receive phone calls. I have tried turning imessaging off and that hasn't helped.

0 Likes
KELSPE30

Turning WiFI off or on doesn't effect issue either

0 Likes
KELSPE30

Everything else on phone is working: email, messenger, calling etc. As I noted before I get the text banners when an someone sends me a text but my actual text message page is blank, they don't show up there

0 Likes