How to disconnect iPad from verizon phone number
ItisFrankJW

I gave my old iPad to my son and would like to disconnect it from the verizon number it is associated with, so that he only uses wireless. How do I do this? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to disconnect iPad from verizon phone number
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

1.  If the iPad has a cell module, you'll first need to disconnect the cellular service through Verizon.  Second, be sure Cellular Data is disabled on the iPad.  Then disassociate other services (such as those below).

2.  If the phone number is associated with the iPad only for FaceTime and iMessaging:

• Settings - for each of the following, be sure your phone number is no longer populated:
    • Phone - "My Number" should be blank (or not available, depending on iPad model)
      • If he won't be using iMessaging turn the option 'OFF'.
      • If he'll be using iMessaging, turn this option 'ON', then
      • Scroll down to 'Send & Receive' and touch the field:
        • Your phone number should not be included.  If it is, UNcheck the field
        • You should have an option of using an Apple ID or another email address - enter the information you wish to have the iPad use to send & receive iMessages
    • FaceTime
      • Use the same guidelines as above, for iMessaging

3.  If your son will use his own Apple ID on the iPad, be sure to decide whether or not to change settings for Find My Phone (iPad).  If you change the settings for this feature, you'll need to log onto www.icloud.com with your Apple ID and disassociate the iPad from your iCloud account.

Hope this helps!

Factory reset the ipad- Apple iPad hard reset

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Pull out the SIM card

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

1.  If the iPad has a cell module, you'll first need to disconnect the cellular service through Verizon.  Second, be sure Cellular Data is disabled on the iPad.  Then disassociate other services (such as those below).

2.  If the phone number is associated with the iPad only for FaceTime and iMessaging:

• Settings - for each of the following, be sure your phone number is no longer populated:
    • Phone - "My Number" should be blank (or not available, depending on iPad model)
      • If he won't be using iMessaging turn the option 'OFF'.
      • If he'll be using iMessaging, turn this option 'ON', then
      • Scroll down to 'Send & Receive' and touch the field:
        • Your phone number should not be included.  If it is, UNcheck the field
        • You should have an option of using an Apple ID or another email address - enter the information you wish to have the iPad use to send & receive iMessages
    • FaceTime
      • Use the same guidelines as above, for iMessaging

3.  If your son will use his own Apple ID on the iPad, be sure to decide whether or not to change settings for Find My Phone (iPad).  If you change the settings for this feature, you'll need to log onto www.icloud.com with your Apple ID and disassociate the iPad from your iCloud account.

Hope this helps!

Factory reset the ipad- Apple iPad hard reset

0 Likes