How do I turn on talk to text on iphone6+ imessage
KLOIN48

How do I turn on talk to text on iphone6+ imessage

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I turn on talk to text on iphone6+ imessage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Are you able to use any voice comands at all? What messaging application are you using?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KLOIN48

I'm using SIRI and the imessage microphone

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

There are a few ways to do this depending on what you want

1) Use Siri - "Hey Siri Read My New Messages" -- this will read any new messages that come in without needing to touch the phone -- handsfree

2) Settings/General/Accessibility Speech

a) Speak Selection - Press and hold a message then select speak

b) Speak Screen - bring up iMessage and then from very top swipe down with 2 fingers. It will read the whole screen.

3) VoiceOver - This will read everything on every page and changes how you get around. Helpful for visually impaired, but probably 2 much if you just want someone to read you the small text on iMessages

0 Likes
KLOIN48

NO your not getting it. I used to talk in the mic and the iMessage app would write the words on the phone. Where is that feature. I'm not needing the phone to read text to me!!

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

So you are saying the little microphone button on the keyboard is no longer there?

Close all applications and do a reset - Hold on/off button until slide to power off is seen. Slide to turn off. Wait a minute, then hold the on/off button again until the Apple Icon comes up and the phone reboots.

0 Likes
KLOIN48

The mic button is there but it only records my talk

and doesn't convert it to words like it did in IOS8 from 9.

Lee [Removed]

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Go ahead and try the reboot as I indicated above. That fixes many a strange thing. There is no reason ios9 or ios10 should lose the speech to text function. Why are you on ios 9 instead of ios 10.2.1? There is little reason not to update.

0 Likes
KLOIN48

We're using 10.2.1 but wanted to refer you back to when the talk to text last worked. We've tried the renbott but will try it againg. thx

[Removed]

0 Likes