How do I turn off unwanted text messages?
lorib123

Okay, this is getting ridiculous - Verizon's advertisers are sending me more and more txt messages.  How do I get them to stop??

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turn off unwanted txt msgs from verizon advertisers!!
rcschnoor
Legend

I simply go to the MyVerizon home page. Mine is listed below.

Untitled-1.jpg

I then click "Manage Privacy Settings" to get to the following page.

Untitled-2.jpg

I then select make all of my selections to share a little of my information as I would like.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Sign in to your MyVerizon account and change your privacy settings to opt out of them. I NEVER receive any texts from advertisers associated with Verizon because my privacy settings are set such that I have opted out of any advertisements.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@lorib123,

Let's get these unwanted text messages stopped once and for all!

As rcschnoor mentioned, you can opt out of receiving the VZW text messages online via My Verizon. Did you try this already? If not, just visit http://vz.to/OpR59r and sign in using your My Verizon info and it will direct you to the section where you can opt out of these messages. Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

lorib123

Can you be more specific as to the location of this section? There is only a section under

‘my profile’ that has to do with txt messages from Verizon. You can only choose to set it

On ‘low’ instead of OFF.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I simply go to the MyVerizon home page. Mine is listed below.

Untitled-1.jpg

I then click "Manage Privacy Settings" to get to the following page.

Untitled-2.jpg

I then select make all of my selections to share a little of my information as I would like.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
lorib123

I don’t have that on my home page………………I guess I’ll have to ask for management permissions for my own account! Geesh!

Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll be happy to help with this as well lorib123. If you have more than one line on your account, and another line registered online before you, they may have added themselves as the account owner, and you would need to login under that mobile number or username to have full access to the account.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lorib123

I do not have any other lines on my account.  I am the ONLY one, with ONE line (removed).

However, I am not able to access the account fully.

Please advise.

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks again for you reply, lorib123! I can see that your post may have included your mobile number (which would not be in accordance with privacy policies of the forum). That said, it's likely that you have Account Manager's status set for your logon to My Verizon. If you have a postpaid account, you can correct this by deleting your current logon and re-registering as Account Owner. This can be done through Customer Care at 800-922-0204 from 6am to 11pm daily, or I can help you through Direct Messaging on this forum. If you have a prepaid account, be advised that Account Manager status is the highest setting available for My Verizon with your account type. Please contact Prepaid Customer Care at 888-294-6804, from 6am to 11pm daily.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes