Dropped phone in sink. I put in rice for 24hrs and everything seems to work except the screen. Any suggestions?
higgio

Phone was in the water for about 3 seconds.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped phone in sink. I put in rice for 24hrs and everything seems to work except the screen. Any suggestions?
Weth
Legend

If you have insurance, use it.

If you have AppleCare Plus - use it

If not, get a used phone off Swappa, or take the Phone into an Apple store to get an out of warranty exchange

Out-of-warranty* cost:

iPhone 6 Plus: $329
iPhone 6: $299
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5: $269
iPhone 4s: $199

iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, Original iPhone: $149

iPhone Other Repair Options - Apple Support

There is not much else to do at this point, it is gone. Since you do not know what other internal damage was done, I would not even try just a screen replacement.

0 Likes
Re: Dropped phone in sink. I put in rice for 24hrs and everything seems to work except the screen. Any suggestions?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's most likely toast - 24 hours is not really enough time if it was totally immersed - it may need days rather than hours in the rice, and if the internals are already fried....it's gone.  You can try more time in the rice, but having had the phone on if it is not completely dried out may have done permanent damage.

lie2me
Enthusiast - Level 2

We assume the sink was full of water.

Turn if off immediately and do not use it for a while. 

Take it to a service center to open it up, dry it off and test it out.

If printed circuit boards and electronic devices are OK, replace screen and probably the battery as well.

Otherwise, you are in need of a replacement phone.

0 Likes