Re: Dropped calls in house while on WiFi
donaldp

mine started about the same time as you and right after Xfinity had upgraded my WiFi router. 

I upgraded my iPhone software. 

still having this issue. Causing big problems for me. 

0 Likes
sjevans06

It will drop.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello donaldp,

Wi-Fi Calling is a great benefit with your cellular service is not ideal when indoors. What exactly was upgraded with your home Wi-Fi provider?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
melallen

I am having this issue with my Verizon phone on my home network. My iPhone 7 and my new iPhone Se have this issue. Also my husband’s  Android phone does. It is very frustrating because we have such poor cellular service at our home. We rely on WiFi calling to make phone calls.  This issue just started with us last year. I assumed it was our older phones.  After upgrading we still have the issue. My internet is good and I purchased a new wireless router.  I know it isn’t my setup because since working from home my work phone which is on US Cellular works without any dropped calls on WiFi Calling. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

melallen, as someone who works from home, I know how crucial it is for you to be able to use Wi-Fi Calling and we want to help you. Do you experience the same issue when you are connected to a different Wi-Fi network? After setting up your new router did you set up Wi-Fi calling from scratch?  JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
hstempert
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have androids and have had the same issues as you. Have you found a resolve yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When a customer drops calls it feels like Verizon has dropped the ball. Getting the best service is your priority and providing it is ours. When did the issue start (has it ever worked correctly)? What recent changes have you made? Do other devices that use the same Wi-Fi network have similar issues (dropped connection, etc.)?

0 Likes
LMannDee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Other devices work fine. It’s just your iPhones, with your service.

in fact, we still don’t  even get cell service where we live.  It’s not the 1990’s. Step up your customer care game please. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As our valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. We’re here to assist you in any way we can, so let's work together. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’re requesting your permission to gain access to your account. Please check your Inbox as we’ve sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

- RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
rosinml

I live in a home where the cell phone connection is very bad (usually no bars, but occasionally one or two bars), so I use Wifi for calling on my iphone 11.  It usually works very well, with a clear connection when I use Wifi for calling.  However, occasionally the call drops, even though the connection was very good right up to the time the call dropped.  Then when I try to call right back, sometimes I get a message on my iphone screen that the "Call Failed."  If that happens, I usually am able to reconnect in less than 5 minutes.  All of this happens when I am in the same room as my modem/router (about 15 feet away).  I always have my ios updated.

What can be done to fix this problem?

0 Likes