Re: Dropped calls in house while on WiFi
darpolk1012

I have the same problem with dropped calls while using VZW WiFi Calling.  I only get one bar on it and depending on which room in the house I'm in, it comes and goes.  I just tried the suggestion of putting the phone into Airplane Mode, but when I do it, I cannot make any calls!  This is very frustrating and since I do not own a land line, I rely solely on the iPhone for all calls. I've tried all of the suggestions listed. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about the dropped calls you're experiencing darpolk1012. Having issues with service can be upsetting but we are here to investigate your area and make sure you have the best connection from our network. We can not guarantee service inside of your home but we can discuss what options you have to help with that issue. What is your zipcode? Are you also having issues outside your home? How are text and data working? 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
r1nr0ck01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also been experiencing this issue since October with an Iphone 8+.  Verizon has taken me through the below troubleshooting sessions and changes and nothing has worked so far.

1.- 5 troubleshooting sessions to (1.- Reset network settings(3 times); 2.- Reset the phone (twice); 3.- Delete the phone and do a fresh start from backup) and nothing worked.  

2.- Go to the Verizon store to pick up a new Simm card

3.- Replace the phone - (Reset the phone from scratch twice)

4.- Call Apple at 1-800-275-2273 (Apple run Diagnostic and found the phone working fine so they send me back to Verizon)

5.- Open a Remedy Ticket with Verizon to check the Antennas around my area (this is yet to be completed)

My Iphone 8+ has the latest OS 13.3.  Prior to October of this year (2019) my Iphone 8+ was working fine and switching perfectly between cellular and wifi so I am also at a loss and now considering to move to another carrier.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want all of your calls to work for you, r1nr0ck01. The very last step taken to address any network issue is a Remedy Ticket. 

Since we have one already submitted for you, the best thing to do now is to wait for the results. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Catmhawk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here and Verizon support was useless. 

0 Likes
Catmhawk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Funny. I tried to edit my comment and the system said I ran out of time smh. Full comment here: 

Same problem here with recent dropped calls or people not being able to hear me. I work from home so my cell phone is critical for work. Verizon support was useless in helping and then asked if I was satisfied with the support. Of course not! Never had this problem with AT&T and am considering switching back. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Catmhawk, we're saddened to read that we haven't been able to help you with the dropped calls. Let's turn this around so we can keep you our valued customer. The thread you are commenting on is that you have dropped calls while on Wi-Fi. With you being on Wi-Fi, that is not something that Verizon Wireless supports. We are here to support the set up of the Wi-Fi calling feature, but we cannot troubleshoot why you are dropping calls while connected to a different network.

We can definitely troubleshoot any dropped calls that you are having when you are not connected to Wi-Fi. However, all wireless providers are not able to guarantee indoor coverage due to many factors that are outside of our control. Do you have any dropped calls when you are outdoors? What Zip Code are you in? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
KCrook10

My wife and I (along with several neighbors) have been having this same problems over the last few weeks. We get very little signal and calls are constantly being dropped from our iPhone's. I finally got WiFi calling to work, but had a quick question. If I'm on a WiFi call and leave the home, will the call get dropped when I'm off my home WiFi, or will it switch over? 

Thanks

0 Likes
KCrook10

This is actually the 2nd time Verizon support was going to call me back after I made some updates on my phone and I received NO phone call. I'm getting ready to make the switch to AT&T unfortunately.

Now I can't ever get the WiFi calling button to remain checked. It makes me fill out my address and then will not remain checked every time I try. This is getting old Verizon! My wife and I have awful service in our house and it was never the case as of a few weeks ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very sad to hear that you have not gotten great service with us, where you are located at, KCrook10. We are here to help.

Typically, the Wi-Fi Calling would drop calls when leaving Wi-Fi when the call is started on Wi-Fi Calling. However, that is not always the case, it can stay connected as well.

Are you only having the issue with calls while inside your home or do you have the same issue when outside too? What city/state are you located at, as well as the closest cross streets?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes